Safety is the top priority for any successful contractor or material supplier—to provide safe working conditions for employees and other contractors and to ensure quality craftsmanship and competitive pricing. Our HR and Safety managers closely monitor and enforce the Gerken safety program to ensure its quality.
At Gerken, we proudly stand by the policies, procedures, and regulations designed to promote safety in the construction industry. As we continue to grow, we will improve our safety programs to meet and exceed industry standards.
Our many safety efforts include:
- Maintaining a drug-free workplace
- Conducting mandatory MSHA training
- Complying with OSHA training standards
- Conducting weekly safety meetings through “Toolbox Talks”
- A safety incentive program that rewards employees for safe work habits
- Working with collective bargaining representatives for safety training